Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Research

Research papers are a good way to share information that interests you with other people. It is also a good way to learn about new things yourself. In the past all of the research papers that I have done have been scientific. For example I have been in multiple science fairs. I have also done research on broad topics such as a paper or project about a country or a historical event. However, I have had little to no experience researching a controversial issue. Doing research on a controversial issue will be difficult for me because I am used to presenting my opinions and facts that support that opinion. The hardest thing for me to do in researching a controversy will be to research the arguments of the other side with an open mind. In most research situations I would have a conclusive argument, but not a very good counter-argument for some of the arguments that the other side presents. I probably always stopped there because I was not willing to study the other side of the argument as closely as the side I agree with. This might be because I do not want to change my opinions or even consider changing my opinions. But I realize that the attitude I had was a very closed attitude to change and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment